How to Dress Appropriately at Luxury Casinos Around the World
The world’s most luxurious casino resorts certainly have a lot to offer, and many can help you live the life of a king or queen – if only for a short time. Below, you will learn how to dress the part, both literally and figuratively, so you can fit right in with the celebrities, public figures, and wealthy folks who call these resorts their home away from home.
World-Famous Luxury Casino Resorts
If you’ve never been to a luxury casino resort but you’d like to plan a trip, check out the following locations which have been dubbed some of the world’s most expensive and luxurious:
- Wynn Las Vegas – The Wynn Las Vegas is arguably the most luxurious (and expensive) casino in the United States. It offers amazing resort rooms such as the Tower Suites, which have been rated five stars by the famed Forbes Travel Guide.
- Bellagio Las Vegas – Another amazingly luxurious option, the Bellagio is “designed to mesmerize” and does a fantastic job of it per reviews. According to one reviewer, the best route is to get one of the Bellagio’s bungalows for 24 hours, complete with a butler at your beck and call. It’ll set you back $6,000 US a night.
- Ibiza Gran Hotel Casino – If you want to take a trip, consider heading to the Balearic Islands in Spain, where you’ll find the Ibiza Gran Hotel Casino. It’s a partier’s paradise, and it’s also known for its Texas Hold’em tournaments.
- Sun City Resort and Casino – The Sun City Resort and Casino, just a couple hours from Johannesburg, is another amazing option. High rollers get luxury quarters for their privacy and security, and you’ll be treated like royalty through your entire visit.
- The Kurhaus of Baden-Baden – The Kurhaus of Baden-Baden is one of the oldest casinos in the world, not to mention one of the most extravagant. There’s a spa on-site as well as insanely luxurious rooms, but be sure to book well in advance as rooms are often full.
Though you can’t get the same sort of no deposit bonuses you would find in online casinos via specialized sites like Nodeposit Daddy, these venues provide a wide variety of perks for their patrons, and you may be able to get thousands of dollars in comps if you play your cards just right.
What Should You Wear?
Determining what to wear to a casino can be tricky, but there are a few things you can keep in mind. First and foremost, in Las Vegas, virtually anything goes. Millennials are the current trendsetters, so it may help to take a few cues from their wardrobes. Believe it or not, it isn’t necessary to dress in a ball gown if you want to play the slots at the Bellagio, and you don’t have to wear a tux to enjoy poker at the Wynn, either. However, both ladies and gentlemen alike should dress modestly and with class.
For example, ladies should wear dress shoes, but flats are as appropriate as full-on heels and they’ll be far more comfortable, too. Men may not need to deck themselves out in a full three-piece suit, but they should wear dress slacks, a button-down shirt, and perhaps even a sport coat. The variety of dress inside a luxury resort casino is vast, but the same dress code as everywhere else applies – shirt and shoes are required, of course. As much as you’d like to put on the all-black CONS, they might dress you down too much in this scenario.
If you want to dine in an upscale restaurant or visit certain parts of the casino, you may be required to follow “black tie” guidelines wherein a gown or three-piece suit is a requirement.
Making the Most of Your Trip
Aside from determining where to go and what to wear when you get there, you might also want to know how to conduct yourself if you’re at the high rollers table, enjoying a night out at a fancy club, or even using the on-site gym facilities. The etiquette associated with all of these activities is the same as with anywhere else, but more expensive. At the high rollers table, you will need to very closely follow gambling etiquette rules, and you should expect to tip much more than you would at the standard tables, for example.
Going Out to Dinner
Despite the fact that there are no Michelin star restaurants in Vegas, there are some upscale venues, so be sure to follow the dress code, which is typically business attire. In many upscale dining establishments, there will be no price at all on the menu, and asking to have a dish altered is considered rude; many chefs will outright refuse. You may not see salt, pepper, or condiments on tables since the food is designed to be eaten just the way it comes out, and your server will make sure you love the wine you’ve chosen before he leaves your table, as well.
Getting Upgraded Amenities
At many casinos throughout Vegas and the rest of the world, there is the main casino, and then there’s the high roller casino, which is typically cordoned off behind red velvet rope or closed doors and open only to those who spend a great deal of money. Though you might think you need to spend several grand to get moved into the high roller area, this is not at all the case. In fact, casinos often move people into this area after they win a great deal of money in their venue in hopes of enticing them to spend it again. Being surrounded by people spending huge sums of money on poker and roulette often spurs big winners to do the same, which benefits the casino.
Should you receive such an upgrade, be sure to make the most of it. If you win big, you might get a trip to the high roller area, a suite upgrade, and perhaps even your own private server to see to everything you need for the rest of your stay. Movie tickets, complimentary meals, free drinks, merchandise, and even rental cars are not uncommon rewards for high rollers. All you have to do to get your hands on these perks is spend (or win) a lot of money in a venue. Of course you could try tipping the reception clerk, but that hardly works as often as it used to.
Whether you’re staying in one of the best casino hotels in Vegas or you’re traveling a little further to Spain, Germany, or even South Africa, understanding how to dress and what to expect can help you feel more relaxed. When you feel right at home among others, you can focus on your game, and that’s when you can rack up the big wins.